Sunday, July 17, 2016

Weekly Wrap-Up

My view last weekend

It's the weekend again! Yay!

This week seemed to fly by and drag on, at the same time.  I only went to the office four days because we got home from Hawaii on Monday morning.  Red-eye flights seem like a great idea while you're booking them, but once you're beyond exhausted when you finally get home, you wish you had slept in a bed the night before instead of an awkward airplane seat.  Although, relaxing on the beach with my boys for a few days trumps any of the exhaustion and discomfort that arises from travelling between Hawaii and the mainland.  

Nights have been a little rough for us this week.  I've heard my friends say that their babies have trouble sleeping in their own rooms after spending some nights in a hotel room together as a family.  I think we experienced this after our trip.  Also, Henry is teething.  Getting him to bed took much longer than it should have and he wasn't interested in sleeping through the night.  I was beginning to become a little annoyed with his prolonged cuddling sessions before bed, but then I remembered that he won't always want to cuddle with me and savored our one on one time together.

Mornings have been rough for me.  I don't know if its the jet lag from traveling west to east, or that the mornings are so peaceful in our neighborhood that made me want to snuggle in and hit snooze way too many times.  I woke up later than I should have every morning and barely made it to work on time.  I stumbled across this post about how to be a better wife and mom, and basically it says you should wake up earlier so you don't feel as frantic in the mornings.  I had good intentions of applying this logic every night before bed, but it never happened.  There's always next week. 

There's something about Thursday evenings that make us throw all of our meal planning efforts out the window.  I had planned on making crockpot BBQ pork, but because I have been sleeping in I didn't have time to throw everything together.  We settled on Qdoba for dinner, which has become a favorite of ours again.  I love their mango salad and the crunchy bowl that it comes in.  Have you tried their knock-out tacos?  They are delicious and you don't have to make any decisions about which toppings you would like, which is partly why I love them so much.  I'm not very good at making decisions.

This weekend we are spending time with friends and together as a family.  I hope to make this side dish for a BBQ we are going to and these cookies as a sweet treat to take to work next week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment