Friday, April 29, 2016

Friday Favorites

We made it to another Friday!  Yay! I actually took today off from work to spend some time with my cousin who is in town for the weekend.  Hooray for three whole days with my boys!

I have a hard time with consistency, but I really love writing and posting new things here on the blog.  To help keep myself motivated, I'm going to try to post a wrap-up of a few of my favorite things from the week.  Here goes!

Game of Thrones season six premiered on Sunday night.  Ben and I started watching GoT while I was on maternity leave and were instantly hooked.  We finished the first five seasons in during the free 30-day trial of HBO Now.  Of course, we loved not only GoT, but also the movies and documentaries on HBO and now we are monthly subscribers.   We were so excited for the new season to begin, we could barely stand it!  Henry was awesome on Sunday night and went to bed right around 8:00 so we were able to watch the newest episode without any baby commentary.  It was great, but since we have binge-watched all of the other episodes, it was painful to not be able to keep watching after the final scene.  We can't wait until this Sunday to see how the story progresses.

I began listening to podcasts while at work before I went on maternity leave.  Pandora is great, but it tends to repeat itself and I get tired of listening to the same old music.   My favorite podcasts include Pop CultureHappy Hour and KS1075 Morning Show Podcast.  I discovered Stuff You Should Know this week.  Check them out if you are looking for new podcasts to subscribe to.



My mother-in-law picked up these shoes for Henry last summer while visiting Australia and they are awesome.  They don't fall off, Henry can't pull them off, and they are super cute!  Henry started wearing them this week and I love them! 


Tonight I have a girls night out with some of the moms from my Mom's Group.  We are going to happy hour and then Whimsey Paint and Sip to test our artistic abilities.  Just kidding, we're going to enjoy some beverages while attempting to paint the same picture as the instructor.  It is sure to end up in lots of laughs and fun memories!


Have a great weekend!

1 comment: