Saturday, April 23, 2016

Weekly Wrap-up

It has been a busy week around here!  We took our first trip as a family of three to Florida.  We left a snowy, cold Colorado "spring" for warm, sunny Florida and came home to sunny days in the 70's.  We missed the little cold spell for once! We have a busy weekend planned with playdates and birthday parties.  I'll be back next week with some details of our trip and some tricks I learned along the way about traveling with a baby.  

Follow me on Instagram if you'd like to see what we're up to! 

Have a great weekend!

Here's what we've been up to this week:

The Jenkins take Disneyworld

We went with my family to Disneyworld and it was so much fun!  I didn't think that Henry would be as interactive as he was, but he loved it!  His favorite part was definitely meeting Mickey Mouse.  He smiled and giggled at him while trying to grab his nose.  Let's be honest, it was my favorite part of the day too!

Henry swam in the pool for the first time and I think he enjoyed it (it's so hard to tell sometimes whether the look on his face is deep concentration or utter disgust).  The pool was a little chilly, but it was really warm in Orlando so I think the cool water felt refreshing to him like it did for us.  Ben would hold Henry and swim with him around the pool letting him kick his legs.  We also let Henry float in a little baby raft, which he also seemed to like. The best part about the pool at the hotel is that it was a "zero-entry" pool so Henry could sit in the shallow part and splash in the water.

It was a big week of firsts for Henry, he rolled over for the first time too!  And I was able to catch it on video!  Now he has been rolling all over the place and sleeping on his stomach (which freaks me out).  I didn't sleep very much last night because I kept getting up to check on him.  He can roll from back-to-front and front-to-back so I know that I shouldn't worry, but he's my little dude and I have to make sure he's safe!

I took Thursday and Friday off of work even though we got back from Florida on Wednesday afternoon.  I wanted to have a cushion built in during my time off just in case the trip was more exhausting than I was used to.  Luckily it wasn't so Henry and I have had a great couple of days hanging out and adventuring around town!  We went to the zoo on Thursday with our friends and a walk on Friday with some other friends.  



Friday was my bestie's birthday so Henry and I took her out for lunch at our favorite spot in Louisville, Lulu's, followed by ice cream from our favorite ice cream shop, Sweet Cow.  Maggie and I ate our ice cream on a walk to the park to have Henry play on the swings (another first!).  We wrapped up the week with a good old fashioned family outing of grocery shopping.  Fridays are the best days to go to the store, neither Costco nor King Soopers was busy and we were finished with our weekly errands much more quickly than if we had gone on Saturday or Sunday.

The weather is supposed to be really nice this weekend, so we plan on spending a lot of it outside!  What are you up to this weekend?  Let me know in the comments below! See you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment